Agile Remaining Estimate Counter shows the total correct remaining estimate for all issues, including sub-tasks, instead of issues with the Done status group.
Supported Jira projects: Classic Software and Next-gen projects
Supported types of Estimation:
1. Classic project Scrum: Custom field, Story Points, Number Custom Field, Original Time Estimate; Issue Count;
2. Classic project Kanban: Original time estimate;
3. Next-gen project Kanban and Scrum: Story Points.
General app overview
- After the Installation, AREC is shown on the Board and Backlog pages (At the top right corner of the page)
- For Classic Software projects, the app is implemented as a drop-down window;
- For Next-gen projects, the app is shown as a pop-up.
- At the Backlog page, AREC shows estimation for Backlog and separately for all the Sprints.
- At the Board page, you can only see the estimation for the issues on the board.
- The AREC app shows: Four labels (TO DO, IN PROGRESS, DONE, REMAINING ESTIMATE), board name, sprint names (at the Backlog page), and the number of tasks.
- In order to change types of estimation for AREC pop-up, go to Classic Scrum project -> Board Setting -> Estimation, and use the drop-down menu to choose a required estimation type (It is native Jira functionality - Learn more).
- With the Next-gen project Kanban and Scrum, AREC only works with enabled Backlog, Sprint, Estimation features.
Navigate to Project settings -> Features to enable them accordingly.