Sharing of boards
In order to use sharing, Jira admin needs to enable sharing for particular User or User Groups. Jira administrator can do that on the addon configuration page in the Settings section of Jira.
As soon as sharing is enabled, given users will see the sharing option as a separate tab on the Board Configuration page.
Navigate to Board Configuration Screen. Tab Sharing
- Select user/group from the list of available and add press "Share" to add user
- For each added user/group you will need to configure access level for each source
there are two modes of access for a source
- "view" - the board is shared under permissions of board admin. In this mode, a user can see the board, all tickets, their statuses, but cannot execute any actions on behalf of board admin. It is the responsibility of the board admin to allow the user to see data under the admin's permissions.
- "edit" - to access source, the user needs to provide his own credentials to remote source. In this mode, the user is allowed to make actions like - transition, comment, add worklog on he has corresponding permission on a remote location. All activities are reported under shared user rights. Edit mode is enabled by default for each source for each user.
- To Remove user/group from shared users - use "Delete button.
Group sharing is added since v. 1.7.0
Navigate to Board Configuraiton Screen. Tab Board Sharing
since version Server 1.1.0, Cloud 1.0.12-AC
There are 3 roles in board sharing with different permissions.
- Browse Board - is a purely view mode, user is not allowed to change anything on board
- Work On Issues - user has view mode plus permission to leave comments and worklogs, but not allowed to change state of an issue on board
- Transition Issues - all permissions from “Work on Issues” plus user is able to move issues between states on given board