- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
Description of use cases of WatchTower addon
Accessing WatchTower Board
- Navigate Menu > Watchtower to access list of recent boards.
on Cloud board is accessible only via "View All Boards" and then selecting the one you need to.
What is there on a card ?
Changing Issue Status
You can change issues status by drag-n-drop between given columns on the board.
since version 1.5.0
You can filter issues right from Quick Filter input field with syntax reusing most of JQL concepts
Type-ahead suggestions can allow you to filter issue across all connected Jira sources.
The Board displays a total of 100 issues - the first issues corresponding to used JQL query.
Accessible either via "log work trigger" manually
Add comment to issue
Accessible either via "add comment" hover button on card view of an issue
Reference issues from other Jira sources
You can reference issues from other Jira sources while providing worklogs.
This would create immediate link to referenced issue
Should your transition require special screen - transition screen - to fill details of an action - it will appear after car drop to corresponding column
At the moment some fields are not supported on transition screen. Should you need these details please go to source Jira and complete action there.
List of fields that are not supported:
Manipulation with Swimlanes
Accessing shared boards
When observing all boards you might see some boards that other users shared with you.
Once accessed board may be shared with you with one of two modes (...see more)
- "view" mode - You will access shared board with access rights of board admin. You will not be able to do any actions, except for viewing data
- "edit" mode - You will need to provide your details for accessing remote locations. This means that you actually have to have access to remote location that allows you to access data and execute actions like - commenting, making transitions, and adding worklog to issues
and then provide your access details for each source, where admin assigned you certain access level
If you don't want to see such board you can remove it from the list
Issue view screen
Clicking on the card will get you to to all details of the issue, right on the WatchTower board. If you really need to navigate to source Jira - link in the header is your option
Generating Work log Reports
Install Time Report for Remote Jira from Marketplace, a FREE extension to WatchTower, which enables you to build worklog reports for all members of your team from all added Jira instances.
In order to configure reports with Time Report for Remote Jira you need to have the following permissions for Cloud instances:
- Choose Lead Source to start linking users by their usernames;
- Map users by usernames, used in different Jira instances. Add as many users as you need;
- Note: For Cloud-based Jira, API user token for every user is required.
- Navigate to Reports tab on Board Configuration screen;
- Go through Report configuration, outlined here;
- Click Go to Board and Time Report button on WatchTower Board.
Types of Report Views
With Time Report for Remote Jira, you can generate two types of reports:
- User by Day - A grid view of worklogs by user, source and project for a chosen period of time, broken down by day;
- Issues by Source - A worklog report, sorted out by issues, projects and users.
|Content by Label|