After confirming page creation you get confluence page that is done based on template inherited from standard confluence requirement blueprint
Properties relevant for Requirements Clarity map
|Property name||Description||Format, possible values|
|Short name||A title of the node for Clarity Map Graph||Char : 15|
|Description||Long description of requirement||Text|
|Epic||link to Jira issue, presumably epic|
|Clarity||How clear is requirement. Defines fill color on Clarity Map Graph|
|Size||How big is requirement. Defines size of the node on Clarity Map Graph. T-shirt size based qualification of size of requirement|
|Question and Answers||Open questions and answers for given requirement||Text|
Enabling Requirements Clarity Map for existing requirements
Goto Space Tools > Add-ons
Select space and root element of requirement hierarchy > Add Properties
Adding Requirement Graph
You go with "+" sign on control button bar and then " ... Other macros", then select Requirement Clarity Map
|Space Key||Confluence key of the space where your requirements pages are located|
|Page Title||Root of the tree where you want macros to start processing|
|Whether or not you want to enable hints on the map usage|
Insert adds a graph to your confluence page
What you can see and what you can do with a graph
How clear is a requirement is defined by one of three choices
- UNKNOWN - team doesn't understand what risks are there, what effort is required for this to be implemented
- UNCERTAIN - team has some understanding of what this requirements is about. There are some unclear items that needs to be researched or investigated
- CLEAR - team understands complexity of requirement, understands implementation steps, acceptance criteria are defined
Status of corresponding requirement is determined by status of associated Jira epic. In case no epic is yet created - status is NULL. On graph you can easily determine that by color of the bezel
|Status||Defines status of this requirement. As soon as there is associated epic in Jira - Status is determined by status category of linked issue, before that - status is not defined|
Requirement Clarity Map macro needs Application Link between Confluence and Jira to get statuses. To make it work you have to authenticate yourself on Jira side.
Ray diagram represent hierarchical structure of all requirements underneath provided root element. In sample case "Family"
+ / - signs are options to expand / collapse corresponding node
Selecting a node - opens property panel.
Following values are available for inline editing
- Short name
- Questions and Answers
The possibility to compare current condition of the graph to saved versions was added.
Enabling snapshot comparison
To benefit from Compare snapshot functionality you need enable and configure this feature in Space Tools. If functionality is not enabled - requirement macro shows the warning about that.
We get access to setting and administrating of comparison functioning after turning on comparison functionality in Space Tools.
- Turn On/Off functionality
- Snapshot interval field appears - intervals in which snapshot will be taken if there were change in content of pages related to requirements.
- Snapshot table - List of snapshot available in history
- Date of creation of the snapshot
- Snapshot name (empty if not given), to give snapshot name you need to mouse over the snapshot line and click the "pencil" that appears, then give a name and click Enter
- Remove snapshot - possibility to remove snapshot from history
- Checkboxes to choose which snapshots to remove
- Remove selected - bulk removal of snapshots, removes those selected
After snapshots settings in graph Compare button appears.
After click Compare button snapshots list appears
After selecting snapshot user is able to see the current version changes to compare to selected one, by three parameters:
- Snapshot selected for comparison
- Cancel button - hides snapshot selected pulldown
- Clarity parameter change indication (left one is old, right one - current version)
- Old connection
- New connection
- Size parameter change indication (pointer up - increased, pointer down - decreased)
|Content by Label|